re: how does upgrading forks affect the ride?

 >  From: Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 01/24/2001 13:44:
 >   > small bumps and way overdamped on hard bumps. Cartridge forks work
completely
 >   > differently to give different damping rates for "small" versus "large"
bumps.
 >   > The emulators do the same thing. The preload on the emulators is used to
 >   > control when the system "breaks over" from "small bump" to "large bump"
 >   > operation. Oil weight and hole size have a large effect on this,
too. The

 >  so does that mean that if i have a problem with being jolted hard
 >  when hitting pavement brakes, or small areas of raised patch pavement,
 >  that the emulator might help by absorbing that bigger bump more easily?
 >
 >  (i'm relatively light -- around 150.)
 >
 >  paul
 >  =---------------------

	Yep, sure does. Better damping all 'round: small bumps seem to
disappear and big bumps seem a lot smaller than you thought they would. Takes a
little getting used to after becoming accustomed to cheap damping rod forks.
I'll never go back. Both of my bikes have fully RaceTech'ed forks.
	For your weight, RaceTech's graph (attached 37KB gif) shows a .90 to
.95 Kg/mm spring. Take the full wet weight of your bike (Sprint ST is 530
pounds according to Motorcyclist) and add your riding weight for a total of 680
pounds. Pick your line (probably Sport, but your call) and read the result. The
stock springs (.70 Kg/mm) should be fine for a rider weighing negative 20
pounds.  :-(

	Jim