RE: st-digest V2001 #54

> Jon Stiffler wrote:
>
> > '00 ST (Sapphire blue, the current fastest and most head turning color).
                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good luck with your licence Jon. Obviously, BRG is the best 'stealth
colour'.

> Steven Kohlscheen wrotë:
>
> I thought this was in reference to the JPS Nortons of the early-mid 70's,
> but then I remembered they were white, and mildly ugly.
>
> Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
> <<
> Are you referring to the John Player Special F1 cars of the 80's?

The JPS Nortons of the early '70s were painted blue with white stripes when
they were based on Commando frames, and latterly white with navy & red
stripes like the John Player No.10 fag [UK English] packets, when using the
Peter Williams (my hero) monocoque chassis.

Perhaps what you're thinking of is the JPS 600cc Norton Wankel of 92/93,
which was in JPS livery of black with gold (or was it silver) go-faster
stripes for Trevor Nation & Robert Dunlop in the '92 TT, then predominantly
white for Steve Hislop in the '93 TT.

Regards,
- --
BRG