Exhaust Wrap

Hello all,
  I've checked the archive and haven't found anything on exhaust
wraps, so I will pose the question to the list.
  Has anyone investigated the benefits, or better yet, installed
such heat shielding wraps onto the headers of an ST?  I figured
that it might help keep the heat down if you were in a slow
moving, traffic conjested area, and maybe give a bit more power.
 The sites claim better(faster) exhaust air flow, and cooler
intake air because the heat is kept from radiating to the engine
compartment.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Donny