Re: Triumph (Veto) Alarm

In your message regarding Re: Triumph (Veto) Alarm dated Sun, 28 Jan 2001
09:35:20 -0000, Donald Armstrong said that ...

> >Anyone else with this alarm fitted - which side is your's?
>DA-
>DA-  Mine is on the right hand side, near the loom,
<snipped>

Thanks everyone for the info - Alarm successfully fitted on the RHS as per
the destructions - can't say it makes a lot of sense to double the wiring
back on itself, but who am I to argue - I'm only a mouth mechanic, not a
motorcycle mechanic.  I will be taking it to my dealer anyway to get the
wiring cover shrink-fitted with a heat gun and so I can get their rubber
stamp on the paperwork so I'll mention it to them.

Small tip if anyone else is considering DIY alarm fitment - even after
cleaning the mounting position vigorously the sticky pad on the seat
switch requires considerable pressure to get it to stick really well.  Use
a small G-clamp to press and hold it in position for 10 minutes or so.

Thanks again

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/