Re: Stolen Bike......

Hi Erik,

Believe me, if I could I would.  :)  The insurance companies obligation extends only to returning the bike to the same condition as it was prior to the damage.  If they say it will look exactly the same as factory then I don't have much of an argument.  I'm mainly concerned with whether it will wear/fade at the same rate as the rest of the panels.  And as to whether there is a clearcoat over the decals so I can get that done too.

I don't have much knowledge in this area, and as such find it hard to argue the point with them.  I plan to keep this bike for a long time though and want to ensure that it will not start to deteriorate in a few years, when the insurance company has forgotten my name.

Rick

'00 Sprint ST

>>> Erik Miner <Axeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 30/01/2001 13:04:48 >>>
If you want it FACTORY then get the insurance company to pony up for
new factory painted panels, I would. In fact I'd expect a GOOD body
shop to charge at least as much as new factory panels would cost.

Erik

End of st-digest V2001 #62