Re: Stolen Bike......

It will NOT look exactly the same. They know that! Ask anyone who's
had a car that's been hit and repainted. And ask any used car or bike
manager if a repaint doesn't hurt resale value! What you need to do
is find the VERY BEST, and I mean the VERY BEST body shop you can.
Have them give you an estimate ( in writing) that includes it being
painted with OEM paint and the cost of new decals. Then get the same
estimate from the second VERY best body shop around. Lastly get the
(hopefully discounted) price from your dealer for new factory panels.
My guess is that new panels will cost less. Then give the information
to the insurance adjuster. If you give the adjuster 2 estimates for a
repaint and both are higher than new panels the insurance company
will be obligated to let you get new panels. The point to make is new
panels will cost the insurance company LESS than a repaint. Just so
you know the repaint will NOT fade like the other panels and will
wear differently, and yes the panels are clear coated. BE tough with
the insurance people, it's your $$$!

Erik