Aftermarket windscreens

I'd like to do some long distance (e.g. 500-1000 miles/day) riding this
spring/summer and I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket windscreen to help
cut down on the amount of wind battering I typically get at highway speeds
(I'm 6'0 tall).

Searching the archives it seems the general impression is that the
double-bubbles are better than the taller tourings, is this also applicable
for taller riders?

I'd really prefer to "try before I buy" if possible, and am wondering if
there are any ST owners in western Washington state that have a non-standard
screen who would be open to trading bikes for a few miles so I can see what
it's like.  This may sound petty, but I'd rather not spend the cash and
*then* find out I don't like it.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
'01 BRG ST