Re: New Member

It sounds as if our new friend is comparing the Daytona (not the RS) with
the Speed Triple. According to my specs the RS and striple are the same 108
bhp setup, and the RS is just geared taller. The Daytona 955i is NOT the
same - it has forged pistons, hotter cams, cunningly ground valve seats, a
higher spec crank/conrods and alloy liners. In the UK, Wilcox Engineering
offer a kit to get the RS/ST/striple up to Daytona spec and beyond (to 142
bhp!), but you don't wanna know how much it costs! Well, if you do ...

http://www.wilcoxengines.demon.co.uk/

Being a cheapskate my most recent 'performance' mod was therefore swapping a
19 for an 18 tooth sprocket, a la striple. Cheap and effective!

Barry
2000 RS