Need help getting a good pair of boots

I've been on the list for awhile and the information I have obtained has
been fabulous.  Additionally, I've pumped a lot of money into the economy
based on recommendations from the list i.e. today's purchase of a Zero
Gravity Double Bubble to add to my ST.

I've been looking for a good pair of boots for a while.

A friend of mine has Sidi's and loves them.  I did all the research and
settled on the Strada to find out that they only come in D widths and my
foot is quite wide at an E or an EE.

Anyone out there have a good recommendation?  I don't want to spend a lot on
custom boots and would like to limit it to $300 or under.

I'm looking for great protection, looks, and on-the-bike as well as
off-the-bike comfort.

Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

Shantanu