[ST] Factory open day?

I went to the factory open day on Sunday, luckily I got a years free RAT
membership with my nice new shiny RS (in the best colour BLACK! of course)
and I live close to the factory.  Boy Triumph make good bikes but their PR
sucks!!!  The 2nd factory welds frames and hones castings and that is it!!
Interesting not!  I spoke to a mate who went on the old factory tour and
that was great, you follow a bike from parts to assembly, now that is
interesting.  They had a Triumph marketing trailer, a marquee containing RAT
and Fernet insurance, Roger and Dave from Windy Corner (the only place
actually selling to consumer mugs!) and the RAC (breakdown cover, is that
wishful thinking)  The whole open day had the feel of a scout jamboree, not
very good for a big UK name like Triumph, they had the space just didn?t use
it!  No shiny carbon bits for sale or accessories.

While the thread on protective equipment is running, I?m a bit disappointed
that they allowed the stunt rider to perform with just a T shirt, who then
went and carried out wheelies with a young girl (daughter?) and an older
woman (wife?) on the bike in varying poses (clean, this was a family show!!)
wearing T shirts and shorts.  I know he was only doing at the most
60mph!!!!! But please, onto concrete, I have been to many bike accidents in
my job, out of the ones that survived I can still remember the man with just
bone between his knee and his foot.  The ONLY way to ride a M/Cycle is with
protective equipment, a bike is for fun, your skin is for life!!

- ---
Rich Crinson

'01 Black RS