Re: Protective clothing was RE: [ST] Uploaded pics

> I was once told by a policeman here in the uk that wearing heavy leathers in
> hot weather can in fact contribute to accidents. You are uncomfortable and
> thinking about how hot you are rather than focusing on the road and
> potential dangers ahead.

Ah, but I wear my Vanson perforated leathers (armor in knees, hips,
elbows, & shoulders) in 100+ degrees.  They're hot, but so is anything
else at that temperature, including t-shirts and shorts.  I much prefer
the protection, and my Camelbak helps keeps me hydrated.  Because I keep
my water/gatorade intake up, I don't have a problem with my
concentration. I'm from Texas which means I'm used to sweating for 4-5
months out of each year, if not longer.

The following is a quote from a Nikki O'Quinn on the HSTA list regarding
questions received during the summer:

I don't own an Aerostich, but I wear a street armored cordura
jacket.  Same questions--"Isn't that thing hot?" "Yup." "Then why do you
wear it?"  "Because I have more of an aversion to road rash than I do to
sweating."

I guess that's my personal take on things as well.  I truly dress for
the fall, and after seeing a few falls, that won't change . . . .

Lisa