[ST] RS Brakes

I think the brakes on my RS suck.  I suppose it's all what you are used to.
I had a Triumph Thunderbird with a harrison 6-piston caliper on a single
front disk and it had much more stopping power than my new RS.  The
Thunderbird's brakes were closer to a Speed Triple -- a bike I consider
almost perfect in the braking department.

I need a few more fingers to haul down the RS than I am used to.  In fact,
when I rode an SV650 yesterday, I applied the same pressure to the lever
that I do on the Sprint and I crushed my nads from the braking force.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Has anyone else fixed this?  I notice that
the RS has steel-braided lines, but there is a rubber hose that comes out of
the master cylinder to the distributor.  Is that rubber hose the reason that
the brakes feel like goosh?