From: Andrew Bell [mailto:abell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 10:14 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] loose stuff on ST

Why wait, One of the first things I did when I brought the Triumph home
last year was to go through the bike and check fasteners and torque's all
over the bike. My then wife lost her mind when she came into the garage and
saw the NEW less than 30 miles on it bike divested of bodywork and me
grinning and sweating and loctite-ing away.

Anyhow just my .02c

Peace,
  At 09:28 AM 7/9/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Wow.  I lost the nut from the right side as well.  I do see a pattern here!
>
>Engine bolts vibrating loose?  Yikes!  I think after the summer I'll go
>through the whole bike and make it a quarterly or bi-annual maintenance
>adjustment.  Thanks for the idea!
>
>Scott
>'01 Sprint ST (blue)
>

>>From: serlick@xxxxxxxx
>>To: scott__inman@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>CC: "ST/RS Digest" <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: [ST] loose stuff on ST
>>Date: 09 Jul 2001 08:25:07 -0500
>>
>>Hello Scott and Everyone:
>>         I have had the large bolt on the right centerstand disappear
>> whil riding. Luckily had another installed at a Honda shop.
>>         I have had several bolts on the ENGINE (right and left sides)
>> come loose and actually start leaking oil. I took off all my bodywork
>> and went 'round the entire engine and frame with a torx/ratchet and
>> hauled everything taut. I do this every six to nine months as a
>> precaution. No more problems!
>>Cheers,
>>Howard Stephen Serlick
>>'00 Blue ST
>>Philadelphia
>>

>>      *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
>> *   *
>>       The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by Jack Lilley Ltd.
>>           http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley for more info

Andrew Bell, Test Technician
Mixed Signals/ULTECH

e-mail: abell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx