Re: [ST] Poorly running RS

If they didn't tell you that stepper motor is $92, I know because they
replaced mine a few weeks ago trying to fix my bad starting issue.  Mine had
a very loose plunger, and it was very heavily carboned.  Fortunatly they had
one in stock, I hope yours comes soon from Triumph.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
The service manager called me this morning with the diagnosis: there is
a stepper motor that allows air to be bled into the throttle bodies
when the throttle plates are closed, such as when idling.  It turns out
that the body of the stepper motor is cracked, allowing air to bleed in
at all times, not just at idle.  Since the EFI doesn't know about the
extra air, it is not able to adjust the fuel mixture, so the motor runs
lean and this causes the missing and surging.

- - -Keith