Re: [ST] Fueling issues, solved

At 02:50 PM 7/9/01 -0500, Steven Kohlscheen wrote:
>find one exhaust valve that was a little too tight.  With all the time I
>assume they spent on the bike I was only charged $55 total.  That's only one
>hr of labor charged for what was obviously more time invested by them.  That
>was the up part of the weekend, the down part was a bit worse.

Sounds like they got it taken care of - and did so at a very reasonable cost...

>skills.  I know this is kind of a bummer subject but I'm curious now whether
>I'm just being cold about this, or is this a reasonable reaction to this
>event?  I enjoyed the rest of the ride that day with a thought in the back
>of my head about those that chose to turn around and the fallen rider.

Steve, I may be cold as well, but I can't see what good comes from turning
around en mass for the fallen rider. I could see going back if you were 1)
a close friend or relative 2) a member of the executive board of the group
putting on the event or 3) someone qualified to aid in the treatment of the
victim at the scene. Other than those instances, you would simply clutter
the scene (and possibly risk creating an additional accident).

While my initial reaction to such news might be to want to return to the
scene, given what you described, I think if I thought about it for a few
seconds (resisting the lemming syndrome) I would have done the same.

- -Eric