Re: [ST] LED Lights

Previously, you (Randy S) wrote:
> I've noticed a proliferation of LED lights lately.  They are everywhere from
> new trucks/buses to R6's to stoplights.  They are obviously brighter.  Why
> has this occurred so suddenly?

The price of high-intensity LEDs, while still high, has come down
considerably.  At least for certain LED colors (not "white"
unfortunately for my company).  In applications such as stop lights
where bulb failures can't be tolerate and there is a high cost to
replace a burnt out light it makes a great deal of sense.  Or if size is
a consideration.

> LED's have been around forever but it seems
> their appearance in the transportaion world is a recent phenomenon. Is the
> incandescent bulb soon to be history?

I think we'll still have incandescent bulbs for a while yet.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"