[ST] My new record...or should that be, must ride harder...

With all the talk of MPG over the past month or so I took the opportunity
to do some analysis of my own last weekend. Last Thursday I set off for
Cornwall in the South East of the country for a four day break. Being in
holiday mode I was in no big rush to get anywhere fast so I therefore used
the following rule of thumb:

Motorways - 80 mph
A Roads - 70 mph
Other class of roads as applicable.

Worked out the MPG for the weekend on return and found during one fill I
got 65mpg (UK) over a distance of 186.7 miles which where mainly at 70 or
80mph thus beating my old records by 6mpg.

On the occasions I have records such figure my low is 52.8 with an average
of all readings being 57.2. This makes my ST more efficient than my turbo
diesel car !!!

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg (Welsh) Dawg & Long Tail (00 Blue ST)"