[ST] Not bad hunters

There are many reasons for the explosion in the deer
population (I believe I noted in this thread last year
that the deer herd in Wisconsin is larger now than
before Europeans settled here)

1. We have eliminated all natural predators.

2. It is very, very, important in the hunter culture
to "get your buck" each year.  When you kill a buck
you only kill one deer.  When you kill a doe....you
get the picture.

IMO if the DNR were to render it illegal to shoot a
buck until you brought in at least two Doe they could
put a serious dent in this population problem.

For the ST content,  My advice for avoiding deer:
Scan like crazy,  you always have to be looking for
them.  If you see one anywhere, no matter how far
away, stop immediately. Then drive away slowly.  Deer
travel in herds, if you see one (even if it's a long
way off) there is a good possibility that there are a
dozen more that you can't see.

Be safe

Steve Bergman

00 ST