[ST] Antifreeze dilution: solution?

Hi all,

It seems like I have the leaky radiator overflow bottle problem that Scott
I. had a few months back.  I checked the cap and found the seal to be pretty
bad, so I'll try to put a new liner/gasket in the cap to fix it.  My
question is how to replace the missing fluid.  Since there are only a few (3
or 4?) fl oz missing, I thought about adding distilled water to up the fluid
level.  This basically to avoid buying a full gallon of antifreeze, and just
use 1/2 a cup of it.

Is this dilution ill advised?  I don't ride in temps below freezing, and it
almost never gets below 0*F here in KY.

Also, is there a special type of antifreeze I should use (or one I should
avoid, for that matter)?

- -John Hickman
1999 ST (red)
Lexington, KY USA