[ST] Rough Running ST update

Well, the ST has been in the shop for 2 weeks and 3
days now.  There is still no indication of what the
problem might be.  They have had the thing completely
apart and checked it thouroughly and the mechanic is
stumped.

With regards to the leaking stepper motor housing he
checked it, found that it was leaking, sealed it and
it made no difference in how the bike ran.

As a side note: When I mentioned that it had been
diagnosed as a problem for other bikes on this list he
told me that that same part had been a real problem on
the 600's last year.  Whenever he sells one, as part
of prepping the bike, he pulls the stepper motor
housing out and "heat seals" it.

So for the guys that have had or are having that part
replaced I will be very interested to hear if it
solves the problem.

Steve Bergman

'00 ST
'98 Dodge Ram 1500 for now