[ST] Trailering / Ramp Suggestions

TRAILERS-RAMPS. THIS IS HERESY. Our Sprints are Sport Tourers, not
trailer queens. Do you know how many bottles of Ibuprofen you can buy
for the cost of a trailer? Not to mention, beers for your friends at the
rally?

    Seriously though, I would have to ask myself if I'm not physically
up to ride to that rally, are you really OK to ride at the rally. I
broke my arm last year one month before a Keith Code school at Watkins
Glen and had to ask myself the same questions. As it turned out, with
some Nuprin and Alleve, the only time my arm didn't hurt was while
riding, to the school, at the school, then home. The Clutch was a bit of
a problem at first, but I swear it turned out to be good PT. (The clutch
on my R60/5 is as heavy as a grip exerciser!)
    I have to admit I get into a bit of a "Camel Trophy" mentality when
I tour, the more adverse the conditions the more I enjoy it, but I think
with some pain/anti-imflamitory meds and an ice bag for frequent stops
and a throttle meister so you could rest your hand on occasion, you
could possibly make the trip. Of course I know nothing about how your
hand has healed so far, other than what you've posted here. I hope it's
doing well. And I'm sure I don't need to say no CNS depresant type pain
killers until after you stop for the night. I hope you can do it. And I
hope you all have a blast.
    But if you must Truck/Trailer, for God's sake, cover your bike. And
go to a Harley Dealership and get one of those great big Harley decals
for your rear window, and while you're there see if they have those
temproary tatto's like the Doctors and Lawyers put on before they
trailer their bikes to the Tough Guy Jamboree's.:-)

David
'99 ST