Re: [ST] Deer Season

>>> "Cameron McKay" <camckay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 7/11/01 3:30 PM >>>
Where I'm from a little Uzi is called a Lil' Suzi, and it would be a perfect
bear eliminator. Of course if they didn't work, that's right, get a doctor
to kill it.
Cam
'00 ST

The only Uzi I ever shot was a 9mm, and that is way too small a round for bear hunting. I'd mount semi-automatic Winchester 30.06 rifles.

That reminds me of an system I once devised for discouraging tail gaters: Mount a semi-automatic ten gauge shotgun in each saddlebag, facing rearward. You could fabricate a frame with a shock absorber to absorb the impact of the gun's recoil, and let the shotgun rest in that frame. Drill holes in the back of the saddlebags and secure the guns so the barrels are pointed directly at the radiator area of a typical American sedan (don't use this system on Porsche 911s, or you could end up hurting some one--chances are offenders are most likely driving American sedans or pickup trucks or SUVs anyway). Rig an electric motor to a revolving cam, mount a cam in the trigger guard of each shotgun, and wire the entire thing to a handlebar switch that is located in a place where it can't be mistaken for a starter, turn signal, high-low beam, or kill switch button. Then load each gun with slugs. This system works best with Harleys, because when you use it, people just assume your bike backfired. Then, within a few minutes, thier cars begin overheating. By the time they figured out what happened, you will be in another state.

Anyway, this was an idea I came up with one day while a large pickup truck was tailgating me in heavy traffic. It might work against bears, Christian or otherwise, too.