Re: [ST] More fluid leaks

Yeah, frustrating isn't it.  If it were just some
average run of the mill bike that could be easily
replaced I would be thinking of trading it in right
now.

The scary thing is that my warranty runs out next
march  Which means that here in Wisconsin I only have
about eight to ten weeks left of riding.  (I will have
lost the last three if my problems don't get sorted
out) and I am very much afraid of having to spend the
kind of money I know it will cost if these types of
things continue to plague me next season.

I had that gas tank off and I saw the condition of
hoses and gaskets  (everyone take a look at the
gaskets that seal your tank vent lines).  Too many of
them look worse than the ones on the '79 GS850 that I
am working on for a friend of mine.  That just is not
right.

I have to admit to being a little afraid of the
triumph record for holding in air and fluids.

I know that these lists zero in on discussion of
problems over smooth sailing but my own personal
experience is not confidence inspiring.

- --- Eric Mann <eric91z@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, this is getting very frustrating.  Not only
> has the gas leak gotten
> worse (leaking back on the shock, side bodywork on
> the seat on the right
> side, and on the right side pannier), I found
> another fluid leak tonight.......

>I am not over the edge and am in no way wanting to
> get rid of the bike.
> Actually, I feel more and more one with the bike the
> more time I spend on
> it.....

End of st-digest V2001 #410