Re: [ST] FORK OIL

> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 21:02:32 -0400
> From: "Michael Browne" <browney7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> I'm a bit dubious about the quality of the standard fork oil in the ST -
> damping seems a bit suss, do you know if changing the fork oil to
> a better
> quality oil will make a difference, or are some after market bits
> in order?

Hi Michael,

YES, changing the oil to a proprietary brand (I use Ohlins) will definitely
improve the fork action (and reduce the stiction). I would suggest 10w for a
standard damper rod (I use 15w - but with over-bored damper-rod holes).

After market bits (in the form of RaceTech emulators) are one option, but
I'm still happy with my oil/damper-rod/spring change.

Regards,
- --
BRG
email: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx