Re: [ST] Scottoiler?

Mal Stainkey wrote: Any problems getting the scottoiler fitted? I wanted
one for my RS but I see in the FAQ's at Triumph UK
that they state that fitting a Scottoiler will void
the warranty! I'm not sure how a Scottoiler could
damage anything, but that what they say.

No problems fitting it at all.  Note that Triumph does NOT say it will
automatically invalidate your warranty, it will only invalidate it "if a
problem is a result of its fitment".  And as you say, there's not much that
can go wrong with it.  Bill Lord, one of the sales guys at the dealership
has had one on his S3 for years without a problem.  No one there could see a
problem with it.  Interestingly enough,  the box that it came in has a
picture of some guy (sorry it's out in the garage so this is paraphrased)
who had the quickest ride around the world.  He claims it improved chain
life something like 6.6 times.  The kicker?  He's wearing a Triumph leather
with the logo plainly visible, emblazoned on his chest!  So, how's that for
an endorsement!!

Pete