Re: [ST] forks.

Sounds like the tech knows his stuff.. probably the most important
thing about doing the forks is that everything should be CLEAN going
back together.. drilled holes de-burred etc. You didn't answer my
question about your weight, but if you weigh 190 lbs gear on or
better than1kg front springs, 15wt oil, level at 125mm, internal
pre-load spacers should be 15mm ( I believe that's what Racetech
specifies).. emulators at 2 turns. As for the rear if you get the
Ohlins it comes with a 14kg spring as standard. That's OK for up
to190lbs tops. If you weight between 190- 225 go up one to a 15kg.
The correct rear spring can be specified when you order the shock and
that should be no charge. If you don't order the rear with the
correct spring at the time of purchase it'll cost at least $50.00 to
change it out and possibly the cost of another spring depending on if
you've ridden with it or not. Replacing the rear shock is pretty easy
it involves either removing the gas tank, or as Ohlins shows in their
directions pivoting up the rear sub-frame to allow installation. If
you've removed the tank before it's probably easier to do it like
that.

Erik

PS: You will freak on how much better the bike is with the suspension
dialed in!
PPS: Yup I'll be a Rallye-ing.