Re: [ST] Finally picked up my new RS!!

<<<<
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:47:13 +0200
From: Cunningham Andrew <Andrew.Cunningham@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] Finally picked up my new RS!!

Having sold my Daytona last Thursday, I finally picked

up my new RS last
night.  Lucifer orange is a superb colour and from
different angles it's
almost chameleon like in it's appearance.

Congratulations, I love the way the orange changes
colour with the light but it.... just isn't yellow
('01 RS yellow:)

<<<<
Having to keep to 3500 rpm is incredibly frustrating,
especially as I know
what that wonderful Triumph triple is capable of.
However I've only got
40km to go before I can use up to 5000 rpm, which
should be a little more
tolerable.

For me it's the other way, I have only had the RS for
a week and it is so much faster than my VTR250 is is
unreal, 95km/h at 3,500 and then 140km/h at 5000 the
VTR's to speed is 140km/h :) Can't wait to get is run
in and give her a handful and hold on !

<<<<
  When starting from cold the first couple
of changes into second
gear are bloody hard work, but after about ten minutes

on the road the
gearbox seems very smooth, even going in and out of
second gear.

My 'box seems good, still can get neutral from a
standstill but I just let the clutch out a bit so it
just moves and it will find neutral no problems.

<<<<
So far the only thing I don't like is the mirrors.
They have a great range
of adjustment and there's no vibration, but all they
do is give me a nice
view of my elbows

On mine the outside half of the mirrors seem to curve
away, not as much as the curved mirrors on new cars.
So I point the middle at my elbows and I can see
what's behind me quite well. The do shake a bit as the
speed goes up (but what is going to catch you :) but
they are rock solid at highway speed

I also haven't picked up my tank protector, rear rack,
front fender extender, and rear soft saddle bags yet
(also not in stock) Let me know how you find the tank
bag as I may get one of those as well. I'm hoping the
rear bags will let me carry enough clothes for a few
days away, and I'm hoping to get a small tent and
sleeping bag to strap onto the rack.

=====
bye for now
        Mal