[ST] I think I'm cursed

I think motorcycles have it in for me.  Tonight I left the bike at my
office while I went off to see Rent, and got back to it around
midnight.

I hopped on the bike.  "Hmm, that feels funny... it shouldn't be
sinking that far.  I was screwing with the suspension this morning,
but I'm sure I stiffened it.  It feels softer.  Weird."

So I pulled into the road.  "The road feels off-camber, and I feel
wobbly.  Weird.  This is *not* right."  (You know what's coming next,
right?)

"Grr.  It's not the road."  Pull over into a convenient parking lot.
"Aha!  That would explain it; there's no air in the tire."

I found the nail, pulled it out, screwed around with a plug kit for
half an hour before I could get one in, filled it with CO2 enough to
be ridable, and took the two miles between office and house very
slowly, stopping at a gas station on the way to bring the pressure up
from 20PSI.

I'm so glad that I carry a plug kit with me; it usually just makes me
feel like a boy scout, but sometimes it's good to be prepared.

- -P