[ST] Rides on Daytona and Futura

When I stopped in to pick up a filter this morning I got to go for a fide on
the demo Daytona (new one). The bike handles very nice and the suspension is
excellent. I think it would make a great basis for an ST, but thought the
power was not overwhelming for a bike meant to compete with a 929. It had a
few hundred miles on it so while I did not abuse it I got enough of an idea
to satisfy my curiosity.

On the way home we stopped at a shop to look for a new jacket for Dee and
ran into a person who was about to buy a Futura but still wanted to make
sure he wasn't missing the boat with an ST. He asked if I would mind hanging
out a bit, ride the Futura, then let him know which I thought was best.
Honest, this really happened! Well I obviously could not abuse this guys
bike but one ride of 10 miles was enough for me to tell him I thought the
Futura was head and shoulders above the ST (sorry guys). All of you that
know me know that I think the ST is the best all round bike made and I've
owned enough to pass judgment fairly well. I don't even like the looks of
the Futura, it appears to have some fit and finish issues, the mirrors
vibrate, have not seen bags yet, but........one ride is worth a thousand
words, the Futura whispered more in my ear in 10 miles than the ST has
managed in 48,000.

Paul & Dee
Madd Dawg & Dinky Dawg
1999 Triumph Sprint ST