[ST] Service Times

"All the minor maintenance jobs I will do myself.  But in
order to keep the warranty valid, the scheduled servicing (as per the
service book) must be completed by an authorised Triumph dealer"

Not true.  The only work that an authorised dealer must do is Warranty
work. This topic has been discussed at length on the BMW F650 site I
frequent and the bottom line is that in the US of A,  no manufacturer
can void a warranty for a dealer not doing service and providing
materiels for service unless said service is provided FREE OF CHARGE.
All that is required is that you keep receipts to prove the necessary
work was performed. That said, I agree a good relationship with the
dealer/mechanic is essential. On my F, I buy all the stuff from my
dealer, perform all the sceduled service myself, then take it to him to
check the valves and stamp my book.  (Somthing I don't have the tools or
the time to do) He gives me all the required shims for free (if needed)
as he keeps my old ones. Work's great for me.
With the Spint I imagine I'll do the same, as the closest dealer is now
350 miles away.
David
'99ST