[ST] Rear brake

In a message dated 7/13/01 6:10:10 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< My rear brake does what it should do, help the FRONTS stop the bike.
I can lock the rear if I push hard, and it will slow me down if I'm
going slowly which is what I'd expect. If I want to STOP I use the
front brakes, in conjunction with the rear that's what it's for.. Not
to be rude, and with all due respect but it sounds like you folks
that complain about the rear need to practice your braking technique.

Erik >>
Sounds like you have an effective rear brake on your ST, Erik-good on yer. I
can stand on mine, on the other hand, and all the bike does is slow down
almost imperceptibly. I am nowhere near locking the rear wheel. Reading other
replies to my plea for info, it seems that some  have a rear brake like
yours, ie one that works, and others have one like mine, that doesn't. I am
still wondering about the Scottoiler. Is there anyone out there that runs a
Scottoiler, who has a good rear brake? Do you have a Scottoiler, Erik? BTW I
have taken the MSF experienced rider courseX2, and have some idea about what
a rear brake is supposed to do. Dave Collins, San Diego