[ST] Bad Day

Is everyone sure that today is not actually "Friday the 13th"?  Today is the
day the bike went back to the dealership to get some of the "leaks" issues
and a couple warrant parts issues taken care of.  They will have it for the
next week (hopefully NO LONGER THAN THAT) since they are a good 135 miles
away - one way.  So, getting ready to head out this morning and sitting
letting the bike warm up a little while I put my helmet on.  Well, look down
and is has a nice little puddle of fuel starting to build.

So, I start rethinking trying to ride it out there.  But I don't have any
other option at this point and we head out.  The trip is going fine when all
the sudden the van in front of me looses a wheel cover.  It is rooling in
front of me veering to the left, weel all the sudden it starts coming back
to the right.  Well, I have my girlfriend in a car behind me (with more
traffic behind her) and on-coming traffic - it is a 2 lane blacktop.  So, I
hit the brakes and kind of follow the line of the hubcap to the right.  Well
it ends up hitting the fron wheel of the bike.  Go down the road a little
more, and the van pulls over and I pull over behind them.  Well, as if the
day wasn't going bad enough, now I have 7 or 8 deep scratches in the front
fender.  Great!!!  I did get insurance info from the people and will have to
get going on that once I get the bike back.  And hope I can find some place
that can fix and match the Sapphire Blue color.  I will except nothing less
than perfect match or else they will replace it with a new one from Triumph.
Shouldn't have to deal with this SHIT on a brand new bike (yes, I know,
things like that happen on the road and are part of riding).  By the way,
should a regular Automotive/Body repair shop be able to do this or will I
have to find a specialty shop?

So, the rest of the trip was uneventful, I am at just over 1900 miles on the
bike and now I will be without it for at least a week.  VERY FRUSTATING.
And, like I said before, it is the best bike I have ever owned and I am
feeling more and more one with the bike.  All I want to do is ride it and
not worry about this little stuff on a brand new bike.

Oh well.  Sorry, just needed to vent.  Now I am stuck getting the Camaro
out, cleaning it up, and trying use that to keep me happy until I get the
bike back.

Eric Mann
eric91z@xxxxxxxx
'91 Camaro Z28