RE: [ST] RAT Raid - Washington State

Oh no no no no! Is the Helen's run this weekend??? I just got back from my
Laguna/Tahoe trip and thought I had a couple of weeks. Nuts...that is SUCH a
fun ride.

ST content: On my way down from Washington to Laguna, I stopped by the tree
you can drive through. I'll post the pics in a couple of weeks. Anyway, I
opened my hardbags to get at some clothes and a camera, put away a souvenir,
locked the bags (only one lock on each luckily), and drove off without the
damn key. I realized it when I got to the Golden Gate to get at my camera
again.

I must say that I'm quite alarmed at how easy it is to break into the bags.
It is also possible to completely remove the bags in under a minute without
the key by simply unbolting the locks. Just three little nuts and the lock
pops off along with your bag. Guess I knew it when I installed 'em, but was
just too excited to notice.

Needless to say, I'm very glad that I brought several extra straps for
emergencies and was able to strap the one side closed.

I did pretty good on my parade lap...about 973rd out of a field of 2,000 I'd
say.

- -Chris