[ST] Re: manuals

Alex wrote:

> Anyone had a look at the Haynes ST workshop Manual?

Yep. It's actually called "Triumph Daytona, Speed Triple, Sprint and Tiger
fuel-injected triples (97-00)", and the Haynes book number is 3755. I got it
about a month ago - it just came out in June.

www.haynes.co.uk             sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's a typical Haynes manual. It has pretty pictures of all models, and a
good potted summary of the new factory beginnings/history by Julian Ryder.
If you're a tech-head like me then you'll find it low on the real details of
the specs of the various bikes, though you'll still find plenty of interest
in the quoted differences between models. And, I suspect, some mistakes (it
says my RS is only 1 mph down on the Daytona for example). The factory
manuals aren't much better though. As far as I can tell the actual
instructions for working on the bike are good. Not that I've put much into
practice yet on the RS, but I've used Haynes for years and successfully
managed some quite tricky jobs that way.

Barry