Re: [ST] Re: triumph race can

Hi,

finally last week got the idle CO set to 3% and swapped from 19 to 18 teeth up front.

Everything Barry says under is very true. I had the race can installed earlier and it did the thing over 4 000 rpm. Only after tuning the injection now again (idle CO 3%), I got the torque to the rpms under 4 000. Now I have the thunder and lightning starting already from <3 000 rpm (pulling wheelies is also now easy...)

The sound of the bike changed also to more roaring and feels like I suddenly got at least 10 extra hp from somewhere ... extra torque to all rpm areas but specially to lower rpms.

18 teeth fitted OK with the rear hugger.  Did not cut the chain, but we were forced to bring the rear tyre so much up front to get the front sprocket changed, that it was evident that cutting one piece would had been also possible. (I have the original Bridgestone under)

Now the the rpm/torque fits perfectly to 90-120 km/h. For the gained extra torque, there is no need for shifting when passing by from that speed but of course you miss the fun.

I had earlier Honda VTR 1000 F and was quite worried, because with VTR I got so much more torque at lower rpm compared to my RS. Now my worries are over, the engine behaviour is something of the same.

The job was done in 15 minutes and costed less than 30 USD including the sprocket! This was and will probalbly be my best tuning deal ever.....

Many thanks for the good advises; this list is perfect!

May the torque be with you,

Ari
hapsu@xxxxxxxxxx
ari.haapaniemi@xxxxxxx