Re: [ST] NEW TRIUMPH MODELS

Previously, you (Cameron) wrote:
> Has anyone heard of the new Bonneville Cruiser coming out in Aug or Sept.?
> I heard it from a dealer that this was in fact the new rumored cruiser.  I
> don't know the details, but this is a good source.  Also, this may be old
> news, Triumph is discontinuing the Legend and the Adventurer.  The dealer
> also said that there will be a NEW Classic type bike coming out in Aug. or
> Sept.

I was at my dealer on Saturday to buy the perforated classic pants and
arrange to (finally) get my "classic" fuel sender replaced under
warrenty.

While there the dealer informed me that, yes, the Legend (SWMBO's
desired ride) and Adventurer are out as is the Trophy 900 but that 3 new
models are in.  One is rumored to be based on the Bonnie engine.

And (get this) the 2002 ST, RS and Speed Triple will be getting variants
on the new Daytona engine, complete with an appropriate increase in HP!
WOW!

Details will be revealed to the dealers at their annual meeting August
24th and 25th.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL