[ST] Ooops!

Well they say there are only two types of riders.  Those who have had an
accident and those who will have an accident.

Seems that it must have been my turn.  All in all it wasn't too bad......I
didn't go down (must be the Blue anti gravity paint).

In short a Q-45 deceided to make a right hand turn....the problem being I
was already on his right.  The angle of impact was very small, hence my
staying up.  Good thing I had the armor that went all the way down from the
elbow to the wrist....I ripped his sideview mirror off with my arm.

The only damage to me was a sore arm (probably from the mirror) for a few
days.  Not as much luck for my ST.  I have no idea what the total will be
but I guess that is what insurrance is for, which brings me to my
question(s).

My insurer is State Farm with a $500 deductible.  My idea to make up the
deductible is to order the parts from Liley and do the panel/parts swapping
myself.  If nothing else I would think I can get the parts much quicker
through Liley than Triumph of America.

State Farm suggested that I take the bike to their drive up claims office.
I can just see the adjuster saying now "Triumph? I didn't know they still
made those!)  Has anyone used the drive up service? What was your
experience?  What if additional parts/labor was required after the initial
estimate?

How about an independant appraiser?  Do they exist for motorcycles?  I used
one years ago for a specialty car (TR-8) and had a relatively good
experience......I already checked and they don't do motorcycles.

If I ask a dealer to handle the adjustment process what is a fair amount to
pay for that service?  Will any dealer do I should/must I use a triumph
dealer......I don't think the bike can be ridden that far safely.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

TIA

Eric Drayer
'00 ST Blue (babe attracting.....gravity repelling)