[ST] Go-Show & Rear brake

"Cameron: Someone's right to tell you that you are mistaken is equal
to your right to disagree. What gets in the way of reasonable
discussions ( and not just here) is that people begin to take things
personally instead of trying to keep it objective."

Well put Erik

Cameron: I apologize for the obvious offense my comments have caused
you. I assure you none was intended. In re-reading my posts, I don't see
any criticism of you as a person, nor can I find any hint or suggestion
of referring to you, or your riding style, as "ridiculous"  If you
mistook my poor attempts at humor as a personal attacks, I'm sorry, they
weren't.
This is a public forum for discussion of topics related to motorcycling,
among which, I believe, safety is paramount. I have no issue with you as
a person, obviously, I don't know you, or your riding style. The point I
tried to make is that in my limited motorcycle education use of the rear
brake for slowing the bike was discouraged.  The issue I have is one of
safety.
Rear braking is not "something I am totally ignorant of,"  I rode that
way for years until the increasing sophistication of the bikes I was
riding combined with the amount of time I spent riding convinced me I
should get serious instruction, which I did, from several of the most
respected names in the business.  This is still one of my most
persistent bad habits.
Ride however you want, just ride safe. It hurts us all to read posts
like Steven had to make last week.

David
'99ST