Re: [ST] safety wiring

Eric: You're right. In a perfect world nothing would come loose. That
said are you not going to check your chain? It shouldn't stretch
but.. How about tire pressures, they shouldn't change but???
Fasteners and things on a bike will loosen.. It's not a Toyota..
bikes vibrate a bit more..body panels aren't welded on. I can agree
with you in concept yes nothing should get loose, but things do, and
I'd rather not be suing Triumph from a wheel chair eating through a
straw because my principals got in the way of me doing various normal
routine maintenance checks. FWIW I also check my directional's, brake
and headlights, tires, chain and do a general walk around each time I
take out the bike. Do I do that with my Honda? Of course not, if a
power window fails, or the AC quits, or even if I get a flat it won't
be life threatening.

Erik