Re: [ST] safety wiring

>From: "Eric Gustafson" <vmaxxed@xxxxxxxx>
>I have a seriously hard time buying in to the fact that I should spend any
>amount of time on a brand-new bike tightening various bolts and fasteners.
>Regardless of the terrain on which I'm driving.

I guess you do not car about your personal safety.

>I can't imagine anyone
>buying a four-wheeled motor vehicle and spending several hours a year
>making
>sure everything's  tight.  It should be the manufacturer's responsibility
>the safety of its consumers that this be done.

Cars do not vibrate the way cycles do, and they've got two more wheels and a
passenger compartment -- so if something does come loose, you stand a better
chance of surviving it.  Bikes are minimal creations, using the far fewer
parts, especially where weight is concerned.  This means less margin for
error.

>If
>anything like this happens on my ST and I'm still breathing afterward, the
>first thing Triumph is getting is a tort notice (and I'm not talking about
>dessert order).

After ignoring the services which mention tightening the fasteners?  I don't
think so.

Attorney: Did you read the manual, Mr. Gustafson?
Mr. Gustafson: Um... yes.
Attorney: Would it be fair to say that you were aware that fasteners needed
to be checked and tightened on a periodic basis.
Mr. Gustafson: Yes, but I can't imagine anyone buying a four-wheeled motor
vehicle and spending several hours a year making sure everything's  tight.
Attorney: How many wheels does the Triumph Sprint have, and what type of
vehicle is it?
Mr. Gustafson: Um... two, it is a motrorcycle after all.
Attorney: No further questions.

If I'm not breathing, my family will be owning a big damn
>chunk of the company!
Just because it's a motorcycle, shouldn't mean I have
>to have less expectations on quality of fit and finish (not to mention
>plain
>old safety) than a passenger car or truck.

Sell it now before you hurt yourself!