RE: [ST] Road trip

I was in the same situation right before my Laguna/Tahoe trip. I had 10K
miles before. It was just my preference, but I got the service done 2K early
so I'd have the peace of mind. Really, if you go 3K over, I don't see that
it would that big of a deal. BUT, I liked the fact that the dealer spent a
day looking at things like bolts and cables that may be loose, as well as
the new tune, valve adj., plugs, etc. I also had the service done with some
time to spare before my trip. This way, I was able to put a couple hundred
miles on after the service but before the trip. I trust my dealer, but
gremlins tend to find services a good time to sneak in!

- -Chris Strizver
'00 Blue ST w/13K fun fun miles!

Hi all, well i am about ready to take the longest road trip on my sprint
st. i will be traveling from ventura (SoCal) to Brainerd to watch the
ama races.  the biggest problem i have so far is the fact that my bike
will reach its 12000 mile service time when i get to minneapolis.  i
talked to my service guy and he said not to worry that he could do the
service when i get back.  well that would put me about 3000 over.  That
seems a lot of miles to put in before the 12000 service.