[ST] GPS comments

">From where I can see now, the advantage of a Garmin-style GPS is cost
and
the fact that they can be mounted on the handlebars, and the advantage
of
the Ipaq/WinCE GPS's is the full color backlit display and
upgradibility."

And goes in your tank bag. As a long time user of a Garmin III unit. I'm
sitting on the fence right now about upgrading to III+ or
handheld/miniPC. I like the Hanspring unit. Check out MobilePlanet.com
for some good comparisons of handhelds. Another addvantage of handheld
is email on long trips, either through a wireless modem and service or
through cell phone which my phone does. Delorme makes softeware
specificaly for handhelds/minis
that will interface with pc and require significantly less download time
that GPSIII+ Memory Cards.
CycoActive also has much good M/C-GPS info.

David
'99 ST