Re: [ST] Re:Arai Differences.

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "William A. Flowers" <wflowers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Sprint ST List" <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Re:Arai Differences.

> Previously, you (Eric Mann) wrote:
>
> I'd say I am a Round Oval.  I tried a couple of Shoei helmets and I felt
> intense pressure just above and between my ears and temples.

This is one problem I do not have.  The perfect example is my cowboy hat: it
fits perfect front to back but is barely touching on the sides.

> > Any thoughts?
>
> Get to a dealer where you can try helmets on.  Put one on and keep it on
> for at least 20 minutes or until it is obvious that it doesn't fit,
> whichever comes first.

This would be the prefered option, but the selection around here in Iowa is
pretty limited.  I have either the Shoei RF-900 or the Arai Signet/GT around
here to try on.  And I am usually pretty lucky if they have my size in
stock.  I know the shop with the Arai has already said they would let me
take it out for an actual ride on the bike to check out fit, venting, etc.
That idea I like.  I do feel a little bad for using the like that and
turning around and buying from somewhere else, though.  Especially when they
really don't have anything else I would buy from them (unless I won the
lottery and could add that Ducati 996 I would love to have).

> --
> Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
> Clearwater FL
> '00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"