Re: [ST] Oil Substitute?

At 05:18 PM 7/17/01 -0700, Cameron McKay wrote:
>Stu,
>I rode about 1100 miles the weekend before last and the oil level was fine.
>But, this morning while my bike was on the center stand in my garage on
>level ground, the oil level did not even register, no oil is even visible.
>Nothing is leaking. I just need some oil.

Aack!! Do not check your oil on the center stand. If you fill while on the
centerstand you will overfill.

Check on level ground with the bike in an upright position. I find it
better to have someone hold it, but in a pinch I balance it, get down on my
knee and then bring the centerstand down until both legs touch the ground
(that way I know it is straight up and down).

There is no way that you should go through a full site glass of oil in
1,000 miles.....

- -Eric