[ST] Oil Substitute

Subject: Re: [ST] Oil Substitute?

Erik,
in my manual it says, "Mobile 1 Racing 4T 10W/40".
That is why I wrote that
before.  All I need to know is what alternate brand
can I buy in case I'm in
a bind, like now.  I cannot get to my dealer tonight
and I am low on oil.
Cameron
'00 ST

The RS will have Motul in it from now on as this is
what my mechanic recommends, and uses in his own bike.
All oils are very good so I'm willing to go along with
his suggestion. As to your problem, in order of
preference, I would fill it with the same oil
it has in it; lock it up where it is until I could get
some :) ; fill it with the same weight oil and then
change it as soon as possible.

I read that while you can substitute the same weight
mineral oils, different brands of synthetic should
never be mixed, it didn't say why.

=====
bye for now
        Mal