[ST] Oil levels

I have seen no noticeable difference in oil level between the paddock stand
position and the "on two wheels" position. Therefore the centre stand should
make no noticeable difference either. Consistent level positioning is more
critical.
To my mind, what is also important is to allow the level to settle for at
least ten minutes after moving the bike or stopping the engine. For the
record on my RS there has been no visible oil usage for the past 4,000
miles. The level dropped a negligible amount just after the first service
then settled. I would run the motor for a while then check the level again
if the level seems to have suddenly dropped dramatically to nil. Serious
overfilling is a bad idea. Make sure before adding.

My tuppence worth. (nearly 3 cents worth).

David (Lucy O RS)