RE: [ST] Oil Level?

> When I complained to my "former" dealer about overfilling my
> bike at a change, he tipped it to one side (left) and air appeared in the
sight
> glass.

But what does that prove?  When the bike's on the side stand (i.e. leaned
over to the left)you won't see any oil in the sight glass because it's all
lying in the left hand side of the sump.  How is that a demonstration of
whether it's over filled or not?  I suspect that it's possible to over fill
by a considerable amount before oil would still be seen in the sight glass
when the bike is on it's side stand.

Andy