Re: [ST] Oil Substitute?

>From: Erik Miner <Axeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You're not checking the level with the bike
>on the side stand are you??  If the bike is on level ground on the
>center stand as long as the level is between the marks next to the
>sight glass you ok..

It was recently brought to my attention by our own Bird Dawg that you should
NOT check the oil on the  side or CENTER stand. The bike is tilted forward
giving an artifically low reading on the center stand.  You do not want to
overfill these bikes!  A little low is much better than too much.  If the
sight glass is all covered, that is too much.  Just above halfway, with bike
standing straight (a tricky proposition alone) is just right.

STeve Duncan
Underdawg
2K -ST (Betty)
Dallas, TX