Re: [ST] New to List/ScottOiler Vacuum Question

Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff wrote:

>Yikes! From your description it sounds like you've been
>cutting into breather hoses, not vacuum hoses.

I am dumb, but not stupid.  I was smart enough to install a seperate length
of hose to test rather than cut into the hoses.  :-)

>The only vacuum hose you should be splicing is the
>one between cylinders #2 and #3

This is what I ended up doing with a "T" connector and an additional length
of hose that I got at Napa Auto parts.  There's a little more plumbing now,
but it's clean and it works, so I'm happy.

Thanks to you and everyone else on the list for your help.  Now I just
gotta install the new Topeak Panoram Bike computer (like a Sigma, but
nicer) and I'm all set to leave Friday morning.

BTW - anyone else notice that the speedo is waaaay off on the ST?  I
expected 5-6% error, but at indicated 80 MPH, I'm really doing 71 MPH.
YM(PH)MV.

Tad Gralewski   tad_gralewski@xxxxxxxx
01 Triumph Sprint ST - name t.b.d
95 ST1100 - STress-Reliever  STOC #1539
77 GS750 - The Blue Dolphin
93 CBR1000F - The Black Whale - R.I.P. (rebuild in progress)
http://members.home.com/tadgralewski
The best things in life that you find are
those things you never went looking for. - RTG