Re: [ST] Oil Substitute?

Neil Lindsey wrote:

>   Just check it while on the centre stand (assuming
> you have one of course).  Being off slightly from front to back does not
> significantly change the level in the sight glass.  If it were that
> sensitive then I think different sag settings for front and rear suspension
> could also have a significant bearing (and they don't).

Just thought I would add another opinion.

Level floor-

On center stand = NO oil in sight glass.
Stand bike level w/ no stands = oil 3/4 up sight glass, just where I filled it too
last oil change.
BTW my owners manual says DO NOT check oil level on center stand.

Robert
'00 Blue ST
'98 XR440R ( For Sale ) :-(